Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome

Hello.

If you've found this, congratulations, I have apparently achieved relevance in some fashion.

I am Rich Ercolani. I am a Computer Scientist/Programmer turned System Administrator, at present. I also have a number of eclectic interests, ranging from tabletop games to certain classes of terrible writing. All of these things will likely influence the content.

For those of you who are intrigued and attracted by programming, I'm slowly placing various things I've done for my own use or things I'm allowed to share from work on GitHub, though I have a lot of stuff that's not there yet or poorly organized. As a warning, anything in the sysadmin repository is likely to include a lot of terrible hacks, as my goal there is to Make It Work, not necessarily Make It Good.

I wanted an outlet for public posting of various things - sysadmin things, code snippets I'm allowed to share from work, horrible hardware bugs (for the hardware that is in general deployment and finalized, anyway), and random personal project stuff. I didn't think any of the other various places I am available on the Internet were suitable, so here we have said outlet.

I will try to keep things tagged in a useful fashion, so that you can filter the portions you are uninterested in.

All opinions and content expressed on this blog are my own, and do not have any bearing or relevance to any opinions held by any of my employers - past, present, or future.

All statements made on this blog, unless otherwise noted, should be taken as opinions - I will endeavor to make it clear when I believe I am stating provable fact, based on citation or repeated personal experience in some reproducible fashion, and when I am simply making shit up to justify behavior I have no idea how to explain.

Please feel free to correct me (extending me the same courtesy as outlined above in distinguishing fact, opinion, and bullshit) or demand references whenever I inevitably slip up in this endeavor or am mistaken - I may be annoyed, but it is almost certainly at myself.

With all of that over with, enjoy your stay, and I hope you find something useful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment